Wednesday, November 18, 2015

5 Months Later...

Am I the worst blogger in the history of bloggers?
Maybe. Maybe not.

I'd give you the whole deal about how I've been crazy busy, and make this long and personal, but instead I'll make it short.
Had a tonsillectomy.
I got a temp job for 3 months, turned out to be the second worst job I have ever had.
Found out I have Lupus and possibly RA, explaining all the random sickness and horrible pain popping up over the last few years. It's a struggle daily, and in some ways I am too careful, in others I am not doing enough. I'm confident I'll find the balance between not doing enough, and doing so much I can't function for a week.
Now I'm on vacation in Orlando, staying at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, and I'm writing this blog because I finally feel like doing it.  Even though Husband is here for work, we're managing trips to Universal Studios in the evening, eating great food, and generally just enjoying being together. It's the first time in a long time that we've gone on a trip where the only responsibility we have is to ourselves. Not visiting other people, or worrying about immigration interviews and paperwork; it's fantastic!
WE MOVED! Not very far, just to a great downstairs apartment. It's much easier on my constantly inflamed joints.

So, now that you have a short update on what I've been doing for 5 months. Here's some photos of what I have worked on between doctor visits, sickness, etc. Hopefully I'll get back to blogging on a regular basis, as things settle down again.

Etched Sugar Skull Pint Glass

Label designs for my friends home brewed beer

An old typewriter that I totally refurbished.

A basket made from cotton piping.

My Wall of Embroidery.

Rings made from Oak.

Hey, it's another refurbished typewriter! I just love the vintage look of this. Very Mad Men.
Thanks for Visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment